Geotechnical investigation services are performed by geotechnical engineers or engineering geologists to obtain information on the physical properties of soil and rock to design earthworks and foundations for proposed structures. Also for repair of distress to earthworks and structures caused by subsurface conditions.
For years we have provided geotechnical services to a wide range of clients in the UK. These clients can range from private home owners looking to save money on groundworks for home improvements, to the extension of platforms on the UK rail infrastructure.
Our experienced, in-house team provide factual and fully interpretive reporting. We can make recommendations for shallow and deep foundations, basement construction, retaining walls, slope stability, pavement design and soil infiltration among many other applications.
We are able to provide comprehensive geotechnical desk (or ‘Desktop’) studies, as well as design values for Eurocode 7 compliant design.
An overview of our Geotechnical services include (but are not limited to):
- Initial Site assessments
- Phase 1 Geotechnical Desk Study
- Geological Assessments
- Hydrogeological Characterisation
- Ground Investigation Design
- Foundation inspections and design
- Piling, Basements and Sub Structures. (Pile mat design to BRE 470)
- Subsidence or Heave Investigations and Underpinning Design
- Slope Engineering and Slope Stabilisation
- Retaining Structures, Bored and Sheet Piling
- Temporary and Permanent Works
- Earthworks design and monitoring
- Ground Improvement and Soil Stabilisation
- Road and Temporary Works Platforms
- Soakaways and Storm water Management to BRE 365
- Falling head tests to BS5930
- Pipeline Route Evaluation, Ground Characterisation, Engineering Analysis and Thrust Block Design
- Ground Instrumentation and Monitoring
- Mining and Cavities
Our Geotechnical engineers can be supported by our experienced drilling services operatives if required to recover the required data from site.
Please contact us today to discuss your requirements.